Here are just a few guidelines for stretching:
1. All important muscles must be warm.
2. Movements should be performed slowly and under control.
3. Stretch to a point of moderate tension and not pain.
4. Aim to feel the stretch in the belly of the muscle.
5. Adopt comfortable and supported positions to promote relaxation whilst stretching.
6. Use a mat for floor-based stretches.
7. Aim for a balanced approach, so all the major groups are stretched.
8. FREQUENCY: Minimum 3x per week
INTENSITY: To a position of mild discomfort
TIME: 10-30 Seconds, 3-5 repetitions for each stretch.
Work hard and expect success.