So here are the reasons why exercise – not dieting – is the most effective method of losing body fat:
1. Exercise, aerobic and weight training raises your metabolic rate.
2. Exercise is good for your health. Dieting is harmful to your health.
3. Exercise creates a calorie deficit.
4. Exercise increases fat-burning enzymes and hormones.
5. Exercise, especially weight training, signals your body to keep your muscle and not burn it for energy. Dieting however without exercise can result in weight loss to come from lean body mass.
6. Exercise increases the cells sensitivity to insulin so that carbs are burned for energy and stored as glycogen rather been stored as fat.
So hit the gym, go for that run, jump on the bike (push bike folks). Good luck and keep moving.