Something I tried last night and it was yum, try this with salad and let me know how you get on.
Sweet Potato Bake, serves 4 ready in 55 mins.
2 tbsp of cooking oil, plus a little extra for greasing.
1 Large onion, halved and thinly sliced
1-2 cloves garlic crushed, 160g bag of ready washed baby spinach.
1kg sweet potatoes ( 750g peeled weight thickly sliced )
400ml semi skimmed milk
Pinch of cayenne
100g reduced fat extra mature cheese grated.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180 Fan/Gas 6. Grease a 1L ovenproof dish. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions over a medium heat until soft and turning golden.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir-fry until it wilts. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Put the potatoes in a pan with the milk, cayenne and a pinch of salt. Cover and heat until simmering. Simmer for 7-8 minutes, then season. Drain, reserving the milk.
4. Arrange half of the potatoes over the bottom of the dish. Top with the spinach mixture and half the cheese, then cover with the rest of the potatoes. Pour in the milk.
5. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 40 minutes until golden.
Calories 380 per portion, low saturated fat, low salt.